Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Goodwill

This store has become one of my new favorite stores. I've always liked it but it hasn't been one of those stores where I feel the need to visit frequently until lately. It began when the weather started turning cold here in Virginia and I realized that I didn't have any warm clothes for Corinne to wear. And, knowing how quickly she would be upsizing her clothes throughout the following months, I needed lots of clothes for cheap. Sure, WalMart and Target have some great deals but they don't have anything like the deals/steals you can find at Goodwill. I found the cutest little coat for Corinne for $3.25 that gets comments everywhere we go. I found name brand clothes like Polo Sport and OshKosh with the tags still on for $22 that I got for $2.00. I completed her winter wardrobe and Matthew's for around $50, if that. We've found lots of other deals at local Goodwills throughout the years also. When we were engaged, living in Arizona and Jeremy was living in an unfurnished apartment we went to the local Goodwill and found a steal on these couches that we are still using today:

We found the couches on different days for a grand total of $60. There are some tears and scratches on the couches and they are a little worn but you can't really tell unless they're pointed out to you or if you're looking (I dare you to find them in this picture). Plus, with little kids it seems pointless to go out and buy brand new couches that will get spilled on, spit up on, etc. At least with these leather (or faux leather--I'm not sure which one and I don't really care) I can just wipe it off. I challenge all of you to find some deals/steals at your local Goodwill!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Way to go bargain shopper! I like Goodwill too, but since we live in a small town there isn't nearly the selection and wide variety of items as at a Goodwill in a larger place. But we take what we can get, eh?

Our Paper Plates said...

I totally know what you mean! I am an avid Goodwill/DI/Last Chance shopper. I cant pay full price for anything! :)Doesnt it feel good to find such great buys?! Way to go!! :)