Friday, December 19, 2008

Playing in the snow

For those of you who live in Arizona, there is some cold white stuff that falls from the sky in the wintertime called snow. It is not a fictional occurence only written about in books but it actually happens in places where it gets cold. The last time it snowed was on a Sunday and I didn't have time to let the kids play in it before it melted. So I decided to make it up to them today and took them outside for a little while. At first Matthew was just excited to make footprints in the snow. Can you tell they're not used to the snow?

Then Matthew remembered that you can eat snow and Corinne caught on as well. So they stuffed their faces with snow for awhile. Then I threw a few snowballs at them but they couldn't get the hang of it. It wasn't very sticky snow and so we couldn't make a good snowman.

I was watching the news later and they were saying that we were having a few spots of "thunder snow." I have never heard of that before but apparently it is when there is lightning and thunder along with the snowstorm.





1 comment:

Jessica 7 said...

Snow is fun, and kind of rare here in CT. (at least compared to where I'm from) Last year, we only got snow a few times.