Monday, February 9, 2009

Child Labor


I've already got these kids earning their keep around the house. I tell them, "no workie, no foodie!" And they better do it with a smile on their face!
Actually, Corinne saw me cleaning and since she is my shadow, she says, "help me!" which translates to "I want to help you." Then Matthew sees what is going on and thinks it is a game and wants in on the action. Now if I can just get them to think cleaning toilets is fun...

12 comments:

kellibattraw said...

ooohhh, I can't wait for free child labor! : ) They'll thank you when they're older.

Kiersti said...

That's the way to do it - start 'em young! I'm already putting Lauren to work whenever I possibly can, it rocks the house.

Suz said...

You better get them trained young, because when they get older they want to know why you want them to clean up after themselves. I am surprised I have not been turned for this form of child torture.

Jessica 7 said...

Good idea. Next time Corinne finds bad milk, she can clean up after herself! ;)

Jessica 7 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stephanie said...

That's awesome. Sometimes Will wants the spray bottle and a rag and he goes to town on the floors or walls...whatever he decides. Mckenzie "helps" me mop the floors but that's usually more work for me.

Rachel said...

Way to go getting them trained early!

Heather said...

Ethan helps me clean and I love it. He thinks cleaning is the best thing in the world and it keeps him busy for hours! Way to start them young--make them earn their keep!

Matt and Jayna said...

I love this picture. I had surgery to get my gall bladder removed. I had a gall bladder attack back in November, and wanted it out ASAP so it wouldn't happen again. I'm doing better now thanks. The recovery wasn't as bad as I thought. I felt good a week later, but now I'm 100% better.

TAMMY CLARIDGE said...

Cute picture! I have had to rely on the boys helping me more as well, since Brandon is gone. Grandpa is great at teaching them!

CBenroth said...

LOL, that looks like my house. . .I found that the Clorox disposable toilet cleaners are fun for the kids, they like the button thingy on it that releases the sponge. . . my kids fight to clean the toilet!

amy said...

i'm trying to find a good way to use my child for labor ;) , but so far it always just ends up being 2x the work for me! i know its horrible, but i'm too impatient & lazy so far to have her help with most cleaning. (sigh!) i have started letting her help me cook dinner a bit, tho'. baby steps, right?