. I hardly could tell that I was pushing it at all except that I wasn't able to swing my arms. Jeremy, as always, did very well and finished 13th place overall and 3rd for his age group and received a trophy which he kindly handed off to Matthew, who had been eyeing the trophies since we first arrived at the race. I finished in 115th place and 6th for my age group. I wasn't expecting much seeing as how it was my first race in over a year and after having a baby. I'm just considering it a baseline from which to improve upon throughout the season.Saturday, April 25, 2009
Racing
Back in February we bought a treadmill. I was having severe cabin fever due to the extreme cold outside and dying to get rid of the excess weight still hanging on after having Nora. And, now that we have 3 kids instead of 2, I can't feasibly take all three in our double jogging stroller. Thus the need for the treadmill. Well, today was a gorgeous day outside and so we took advantage of the nice weather and raced our first 5K of the season. A few days ago, as we were talking about the race, we realized we needed a single jogging stroller for Nora. We've realized through research that the "Baby Jogger" brand of jogging strollers is one of the best kind out there so we researched Craigslist for strollers nearby and got a steal of a deal for a stroller for $40 that originally retails for probably around $250. Well, today was my and Nora's first time pushing the stroller and it was amazingly light
. I hardly could tell that I was pushing it at all except that I wasn't able to swing my arms. Jeremy, as always, did very well and finished 13th place overall and 3rd for his age group and received a trophy which he kindly handed off to Matthew, who had been eyeing the trophies since we first arrived at the race. I finished in 115th place and 6th for my age group. I wasn't expecting much seeing as how it was my first race in over a year and after having a baby. I'm just considering it a baseline from which to improve upon throughout the season.
. I hardly could tell that I was pushing it at all except that I wasn't able to swing my arms. Jeremy, as always, did very well and finished 13th place overall and 3rd for his age group and received a trophy which he kindly handed off to Matthew, who had been eyeing the trophies since we first arrived at the race. I finished in 115th place and 6th for my age group. I wasn't expecting much seeing as how it was my first race in over a year and after having a baby. I'm just considering it a baseline from which to improve upon throughout the season.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


11 comments:
you go girl!
Nice, you guys!
What excess weight? and 6th sounds pretty good to me!
Way to go Carrie--we will have to run together when I move back!
Yesterday was a beautiful day to be outside. That's awesome that you got such a great deal on the stroller. AND way to go for both of you running the race!! :)
I am SO impressed. You are amazing! And in just over 30 minutes...incredible! Good job Jeremy, too. And you don't have any excess baby weight...you look amazing!
I'm not sure where you're storing your extra baby weight... Congratulations on your first 5K! :)
You guys are AMAZING!!!! Way to go!!! You are an inspiration!!!!
You rock the house! Can I be you someday????? I need to get into this whole running thing....
Good job. I'm impressed. The Medfords and running with strollers...I think it's a family talent.
I'm glad you guys found a Saturday race - great job!
Post a Comment