This is to prove that I really do Corinne's hair first thing in the morning. This cute double french braid lasted about 20 minutes before she started pulling out the front and side and twisting it into knots. It's part of what she does to comfort herself or when she's just bored. So, I really need ideas for hairdos that will stay in and keep her from twisting knots into her hair. I thought about just cutting bangs but Jeremy is very anti-bangs, plus I'm really trying to grow her hair out. I also need something that doesn't require a lot of toddler cooperation because I can't get much of that either. I have to do it while she is occupied eating breakfast or else it turns into a battle with her screaming and crying. Any suggestions?
5 comments:
You have more experience with little girls hair than I do. Her hair looks adorable like that though!!
Sorry, my girl still barely has enough hair to do anything with. I am of no help. So now I'm just wasting your time reading this pointless comment :)
I'm impressed...I've never been able to do braids with Mckenzie. On Lauree's blog is a link to little girl hairdos. That might have some ideas. I just do the one little pony tail on top with a tight little rubber band and that seems to stay in pretty well for Mckenzie.
I am growing out Kate's bangs too. I found one thing that really holds them back well and actually stays in. You can divide the front part of her hair in half or into thirds. Put loose pony tails in with ouchless elastic bands and then part the head side of the pony tail in half with your finger- creating a space. Take the pony tail and flip it up and under through your part. Then pull it tight. It stays in all day, even through a nap and I get tons of compliments when I do it that way. Good luck!
That braid was beautiful! I can't braid, but I use those teeny tiny hair rubber bands and twist them really tight. When my girls were little I sat them on the bathroom counter in front of the mirror with something to hold so they could watch me fix their hair. I always did it as quickly as possible, and also always use a squirt bottle and those bristly brushes to make the hair smooth. Corinne always looks adorable - even with wild hair!
Post a Comment