) which Matthew believed housed the golden plates. At least he knows the story.
The hill is rather steep and Jeremy contemplated doing a log roll down it, but the asphalt trail at the bottom looked like it could cause some damage.

We also went to see the Palmyra temple and Matthew and Corinne posed in front for some pictures while Nora slept in the car.
A reconstruction of the original log house that Joseph Smith grew up in and received his vision of the angel Moroni. It was interesting to see what humble beginnings Joseph Smith had. On our tour we discussed how it couldn't have been coincidence that the Smith family had crop failure 3 years running and then heard about thriving crops in the Palmyra area which happens to be where the golden plates lay hidden.

5 comments:
I didn't realize that you'd gone on such an action packed vacation! It was great to see all the pictures and hear about your travels. :)
What a fun trip. I made that same trip (Hershey,PA included) with my family about 10 years ago. : )
How fun! I did a similar trip with my family when I was 15. We had such a great time. . .did you cross the border into Canada to view the falls?
What an awesome trip! I knew some of the places you went, but I didn't know you got to go to Hershey!!! I am jealous. I am the only one who hasn't been back there since we moved when I was 6. The year my mom took the younger kids, I had my back surgery and had to stay home:( Glad ya'll had a great time.
Oh man! I served my mission there. I am so jealous that you went to New York. I haven't been back since I got home from my mission. What a great place.
Post a Comment