Sunday, November 22, 2009
Success!
Monday morning I decided I would finally take on the daunting task I've been avoiding for months: potty-training Corinne. Every time I would think about doing it I quickly found reasons I couldn't start. Matthew was starting school, I had errands to run all week, people coming in to town to visit, going on vacation, etc. I finally just decided that there was never going to be a perfect time. I took away her pants and her diaper and made her go without bottoms on as much of the day as I could. I did put a diaper on the first few days during naps and bed time. Yesterday she finally went all day without a diaper including naptime and bedtime. Results: one urine accident and one poop accident, but the bed stayed dry. I think she was holding her poop in all week and went once early in the morning before I could take her diaper off and Friday she was pushing it back in when it tried to come out. Yesterday it finally fell to the floor and I made her pick it up (with toiletpaper) and flush it. Today, I found her on the toilet and she told me she was doing stinkies. And she did! Self-initiated poop in the toilet! Hooray! Next task: panties.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Yippee! Congrats. It's soooooo nice to have another one out of diapers.
What great news! I've been trying to figure out when to start with Emmalyn. She says "poo poo" (which means pee pee) all day long and loves to try to go on the potty for a couple seconds. I'm waiting a few more months. So exciting for you and Corinne! Congrats!!
There is nothing in the world like having one of your kids potty trained. Congratulations!
Wow, congrats! Yes, a daunting task. Diapers, 40something $/box...potty-trained kid? Priceless!
That was speedy! You should teach classes or something. My girls took weeks and lots of bribes to finally be diaper-free.
Post a Comment