Sunday, December 20, 2009

First Snowstorm

We had been hearing all weekend about the big snowstorm that was moving up the east coast. We went early yesterday to the grocery store to stock up on food. Unfortunately, we weren't the only ones with that idea and the line to check out wrapped around the store. We encountered several "Scrooges" who were not happy about the situation and wanted to let everyone around them know. Right as we were putting our items on the belt for checkout Corinne yells "Pee pee! I have to do pee pee!" Luckily, Jeremy was there also and could continue to check out while I ran Corinne to the bathroom for her urgent bathroom need.
After this, we "hunkered down" at home for the rest of the day awaiting the big snowstorm. Nothing happened until around 9pm when it started dumping snow. We received the call that church was cancelled and awoke Sunday morning to the kids so excited and yelling, "Mommy, there's snow outside!" We made the kids wait until after breakfast to go outside where we saw this: about a foot and a half of snow on the ground and it is still snowing!

The kids were having so much fun despite hardly being able to move around in the snow. Corinne kept getting stuck and yelling, "help! help! I'm stuck!" I think the whole neighborhood could hear her calls for help.




Daddy came out too and made snow angels with us and threw snowballs at us. I think we were outside for maybe 30 min before we were all cold and ready to go inside.
What a fun way to get into the Christmas spirit!


5 comments:

Jessica 7 said...

You are a quick poster this morning! Too bad about church being cancelled, huh? ;) Have a great day!!!

Karen said...

Looks like Baltimore!

Kimo said...

Is that Jeremy making a snow angel? Too fun!

Tracie White said...

I'm glad you're enjoying the snow with your kids. It makes winter a lot more bearable.

Stephanie said...

Brrrr! I'll enjoy your Christmasy weather from my Arizona home!

Will saw a boy on Sesame Street doing snow angels and now he enjoys sand angels at the park, as well as leaf angels in our backyard.