Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Why?

Matthew never went through this stage. Why am I surprised that Corinne is the one to plague me with that question? Every day? All day? Even when she knows the answer? And if I attempt to ignore her the question is continually repeated at a steadily higher decibal until she is screaming at me. Why? Why did 'why' become so important? I am making a motion to delete that word from the English vocabulary.

8 comments:

Kiersti said...

I agree. I always try to remind myself of when the twins were in this stage. There were 2 constant voices asking "why" all day long.
So I just tell myself - at least it's just one!
I'm sorry, I feel your pain!!!

Holly Strong said...

Oh man, that is ADY and it's still Ady and she still drives us INSANE!!! I try to tell myself curiosity is good, but it's when they KNOW the answer or you have told them 5 times all ready that you lose all control of mind and patience. I'd tell you it gets better but that would be mean. :) LOL I feel your pain.

Alli said...

Ha ha ha! I laugh because I know ALL too well what you are going through. And then when you don't answer their question they keep asking it and asking it and asking it....yeah....Miss you guys...

Tracie White said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tracie White said...

Jacob is that way, and I find myself pulling out the ole mom-isms of 'because I said so', and 'that's just the way it is'. Those strong little personalities seem to have that tendency, don't they?

kellibattraw said...

Oh man, do I feel your pain! Adam bombards me all day long with questions! I tried to turn it around and ask him what he thought the answer was but he was too smart for that. Curiosity is a good thing, right? : )

Amy E. said...

Yep! Just another way to get your attention...

Mary Martha said...

Please tell Jeremy I said hello. I found your blog from linking others. Your family is beautiful. The kids are so cute. I loved reading about your Italy adventure. Great place!