Tuesday, January 18, 2011

A different kind of rainbow


I have started getting excited about food storage now that I know I'm not moving any time soon and now that I have tons of room in my kitchen. Pictured from left to right starting in the back is tomato juice, honeycrisp applesauce, granny smith applesauce, peaches, orange marmalade, apple butter, blackberry jam, and raspberry jam. It really does taste so much better when you make it yourself (or with mom's help)!

5 comments:

kellibattraw said...

Good work Carrie, I know how much work goes into canning! I finally determined that canning is not about being cost effective as much as it's about having a better tasting product!

Kiersti said...

Oh my gosh, my mouth is a-watering! Canned peaches are one of my most favorite things.....if I look at this picture enough the pregnancy craving might take over and I may just come pop in on you. *sigh*, that would be nice :). Great job, domestic one!!

Ronya said...

I'm jealous. I need to do more canning. Your making us all look bad, Carrie! lol. its so nice to have you closer.

TAMMY CLARIDGE said...

I wish I was closer! You know this gal and the kitchen! Looks delicious!

xiaolong13 said...

I'd love to get your orange maralade recipe. I've been wanting to try my hand at making some.