Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Spring is here














One of our apple trees has decided it is spring time and is in full bloom. It is lovely and smells wonderful, even if it is a little lopsided.



























The gorgeous smelling flowers.










And this was my Valentine's Day present. We spent all day together installing a drip system to our trees and our future garden. That means I won't have to go outside in the middle of the day in the middle of our scorching summer to water our trees and plants! I know, not the most romantic present, but it sure beats stuffed animals that never get used or chocolates that give me heartburn right now anyways. Thanks Jeremy for a wonderful (and most useful) Valentine's Day present! Now I can have flowers year round that I don't have to water by hand!

3 comments:

Elise said...

You are SOOOO not in Connecticut with those flowers at this time of year! (not that I had to remind you . . . )

That IS the greatest Valentines Day present ever.

dallin said...

Nice, what kind of apples are they? I just planted a couple of peach trees in our yard and am hoping to get some fresh fruit to enjoy in the summertime

the dahle family said...

I've lost your email address but have a desert gardening book for you if you're interested. I used it a lot when we were in Tucson but it's not so helpful here. Send me an email and I'll give you more details dahle1@msn.com