Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Out of the frying pan and into the fire

It's been awhile since my last entry due to some extenuating circumstances--a.k.a. sick kids. It started off a couple of weeks ago when Matthew came down with a stomach flu just as Jeremy was leaving to go out to sea for a week--lucky me. All Matthew did was throw up and lay around on the couch watching movies or Curious George. After a couple of days it turned into crying and whimpering and just unable to sit still. At least by this time he was keeping food and fluids down if he would even take anything. He was pretty miserable. After about 5 days things were looking up and he got off the couch and started playing with toys. This lasted a day before the runny nose started and he came down with a cold. For some reason this cold has been worse than previous ones either because he was recently so sick and spoiled along with being sick or because it's just a nasty cold. But he comes up to me with barely any snot trickling down his nose and says, "nose! nose!" and expects me to wipe it for him. He knows how to wipe it himself either with a rag or with his shirt sleeve but he needs me to do it. Ever since the stomach flu he has turned from my little angel into a little demon. It seems as though the "terrible twos" have come all at once and with a vengeance. If he wants something and doesn't get it a huge tantrum erupts that takes forever to control. He has chosen to take some of his fury out on his little sister and she gets hit or kicked if she gets too close to him or plays with his toys. Things sure are fun at the Medford house! I want my little angel boy back!

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

That stinks! I will just tell you about a tantrum that Will had at about midnight one night when Mckenzie was very new. He cried for about three hours straight, uncontrollably, and wouldn't stop until Dave finally turned on the tv and we all got some sleep. We found him asleep on the couch the next morning. All I can say is...I hope you make it through!

Rachel said...

I'm sending sympathy waves VA way. I can always tell when my kids are coming down with something because they have a personality shift.
I am in the Primary pres; first counselor. And yes, I am a regular visitor to sugardoodle. What a great website!

Strong Family - said...

Good luck. That is the pits. Savannah is either one way or the other...angel or demon...not much in between. Hopefully he'll feel better soon!

Sean & Julia Johnson.... said...

Seriously, I can't imagine anything but a perfect angel coming from someone as sweet as you :)

Matt and Jayna said...

Ah, poor Matthew and poor you! Sick days would be awful with two kids. I guess I'll experience that soon. :0) Hopefully his 'terrible two' stage doesn't get too 'terrible'. I can't believe Corinne is almost one year old!