Tuesday, February 26, 2008

What an eyesore!

If you know Jeremy you know that he is very frugal and a do-it-yourself-er. We don't get wonderful HDTV reception right now and we often have to maneuver our current antenna many different ways to be able to watch a show without pauses and skipping and stuff. So Jeremy is surfing around the internet and finds this great idea of how to make your own HDTV antenna!
So he tells me that this is what we're going to do last night after the kids go to bed. So we go to Wal-mart to get our supplies: 6 wire hangers, a piece of wood, 8 screws and washers, and a transformer and regular cable wire. I think to myself that there is no way this thing is going to work but then Jeremy shows me the youtube video and the success that the guy has so I agree to help him by cutting and straitening the hangers. After about an hour we (and by we I mean mostly Jeremy) have the "antenna" all assembled and ready for trial. We get it all hooked up as shown in the youtube video and ...... (I'm building suspense).... it works! Kind of, anyways. It actually works worse than our current antenna. What a let down. I just had to laugh because why would something like this actually work? At least it was a fun project for the night and I didn't really have to have this eyesore up in my house.

4 comments:

Melinda said...

I was hoping this would be your favorite home remedy part 2. I love that Jeremy tried it! I laughed the whole time reading it.

Sean & Julia Johnson.... said...

I think our husbands would get along great :) That whole thing sounds like something he would do!

Matt and Jayna said...

Matt and I thought that was so funny! We always have little projects to do after Shaylin goes to sleep, but haven't tried that yet! We usually plant plants in the backyard or something like that.
I really hope this baby isn't colicky. That is awful that Corinne was, and even more awful that Jeremy wasn't able to help you that much. Hopefully it's easier for you now!

Jen & Johnny said...

What a smarty!!!