Wednesday, April 16, 2008

St. Andrew's Bay Park

We went to St. Andrew's Bay Park while we were in Florida. It had a Gator Lake where alligators swam around. We saw a large one that swam off before we could get a good picture of it.
As we were walking around some nature trails alongside of the Gator Lake a lady asked us what was keeping the alligators from coming up to where we were since there weren't any fences. We replied, "nothing" and kept on walking. She looked a little scared and I don't think that our response alleviated any of her fears. I guess we forgot to mention that alligators naturally tend to shy away from humans. Oops.
Near the boat dock there is a fish-gutting station where over a dozen large pelicans were gathered to eat the remains. Matthew loved the big birds and was disappointed that they flew away when he came close to them.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I'm glad you finally put some pics up! Corinne's getting so big and so blonde.
I had a nightmare about alligators and I would be like that woman you talked to.
Too bad they don't have a ghetto Sea World around here...

Melinda said...

Steph, I'm with you. Alligators freak me out. I can guarantee you wouldn't find me walking in that alligator park!!!