Friday, May 30, 2008
ADCHOO!!
Well, my kids will never be combat pilots. They apparently have a reflex where they sneeze whenever exposed to sunlight or bright lights and this is considered a risk factor for combat pilots. It is more pronounced in Matthew than in Corinne, but they both do it. We noticed it within the first few months of Matthew's life that whenever we took him outside when it was sunny he would sneeze. We thought it was a coincidence at first until it happened every time. We looked it up online and there is actually a name for this reflex called ADCHOO (Autosomal dominant Compelling Helio-Ophthalmic Outburst), no joke. The scientists are not sure exactly what causes it but they do believe it is genetic--which is odd since neither Jeremy nor I have this reflex. We're just used to the phenomenon now and get the kids to laugh every time we go outside on a sunny day and they both sneeze--Adchoo!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
your kids are ADORABLE!!! i love the kiss video :)
That is crazy that there really is a name for that. I never knew that. I've seen a lot of babies do that and I know mine have before, but just not consistently.
It was nice of Jeremy to call the other day. We are horrible at keeping in touch. It was fun to get an update from Matt on what you guys are up to (even though we keep well updated on your blog :0)). Hope you are feeling good!
that is seriously funny!
that is seriously funny!
well, maybe they get it from our side, b/c that occasionally happens to me when I am in the bright sun. I haven't noticed my kids doing it, but Garrett has a funny reflex that his eyes water when he gets his ears checked!
Post a Comment