Thursday, June 12, 2008

Beach days are here!

Having spent my childhood and youth in Arizona has led me to expect heat as a natural occurence for 9 months out of the year. Living in SC and VA helped me to learn to deal with humidity along with the heat. But since moving to CT, I've been waiting for the heat with anticipation. Finally around the first of June it began to actually feel like summer (spring?) with temperatures in the 70s to 80s. We had a "heat wave" over the weekend with temperatures soaring into the (don't laugh those of you from AZ) upper 80s. Okay, to give the weather forecasters some credit it did get into the 90s and even 101 in some parts of the state. But it just felt like a normal summer day to me. We took the kids to the beach to enjoy the weather and with the wind off of the ocean it felt just perfect. We were a little disappointed in the sand because it was so coarse, but I think any sand would be a disappointment after the soft sand of Panama City Beach. We still had a great day and even managed to keep from getting sunburned!

4 comments:

Matt and Jayna said...

Ah, that is so nice to be so close to a beach. Ya, it has been pretty hot here. It has been in the 100s. I'm dreading the summer!

kellibattraw said...

Carrie, I know jealousy is a selfish feeling, therefore I'll just say that I'm happy for you that you are so close to a beach. : )

Rachel said...

Isn't it strange not having a 9 month summer? We haven't even officially had a spring yet (HELLO! Snow last tuesday!) and by the end of August the nights will be cool way off. So weird! How exciting about the baby! You kept that one a secret for awhile!

karen said...

I'm jealous you have a beach close!! I'm already sick of the heat... and i've lived in AZ my entire life! Every year I get sick of the heat faster. Maybe I need to move... LOL