Sunday, June 21, 2009

New York City

Jeremy had 2 days off and there was a break in the rain for those 2 days so we decided to head out to New York City. Who knows when we'll live this close to the Big Apple again? As always, Corinne wouldn't be Corinne without gracing us with her puke on the way there. I know, I know--Dramamine! But I seriously can't find any chewable stuff at any of the stores around here! We first went to Central Park since the kids had been cooped up in the car for a few hours. There are a million playgrounds there and here are a few shots:
Matthew the spider.
Playing in the sand.
Matthew climbed up here all by himself and was too scared to climb down without Daddy coaching him down the ladder.


So I guess Gillette Castle isn't as unique as I thought. There happens to be another castle, Belvedere Castle, right in the middle of Central Park. I thought that this was a funny picture of Corinne pouting and crying. Next time we go to New York we are definitely going sans kids.



Another shot of an uncooperative Corinne.





This was a little park just next to the World Trade Center site. We stopped to feed Nora and let the kids run around. I just love the way Corinne sticks out her big belly.




The construction being done on the World Trade Center sight. You can kind of see a picture of what the resulting tower and park will look like.







This is the church right across the street that survived the crash. I thought that it was amazing that 8 years later and you can't even tell that anything happened to the trees or building or gravestones.






I wanted to see the Statue of Liberty but this is as far as we got. The line for the ferry was ridiculously long and with 3 small children it wasn't something we were willing to do--especially at lunchtime/naptime. But we did have fun and the kids were able to ride the subway and play at some playgrounds along the way. Next time we go I want to see some Broadway shows and visit some of the nice restaurants we saw. Some day...








6 comments:

the dahle family said...

You'll definitely have to go back sans kiddos so you can see some plays. There is a nice Navy Lodge on Staten Island to stay at if you go back.

Kimo said...

Tell you what, we should plan a overnight girls trip to NYC. I did it a few years ago with some friends from Pittsburgh, and it was super fun! Let's plan something before you move away.

Ronya said...

I wish i were there!! we have to come visit some time!!!

Stephanie said...

Looks like fun, even with the kids. Corinne does have a fun personality. You just have to laugh when you're trying to take kids places and they won't cooperate...I can understand.

dallin said...

Be careful letting your kids play with those NYC punks :-)

Jessica 7 said...

That Statue of Liberty line is CRAZY! But it's definitely worth seeing up close. It looks like you had a fun time!