Friday, July 4, 2008

Subfest 2008

Every year for Independence Day the New London Submarine Base opens up to the public for Subfest. This lasts several days and consists of carnival rides and booths as well as fireworks. We did the carnival stuff today and will watch fireworks tomorrow.

This was Matthew's first experience with carnival rides and he loved it. He almost wouldn't let us go home. We couldn't really tell that he enjoyed himself because he didn't ever smile. Here's Matthew and Daddy at the top of the slide.
















While going down, Matthew lost a shoe and Daddy had to make a quick grab on the way down.
















Matthew's "excited face."



















The first time he went on this ride he stood at the top of the slide looking down for a few minutes before he finally decided to go down. He was causing quite a backup.










He finally decided to go down.













This is his first experience on a rollercoaster. He looked pretty scared to me but Jeremy assured me he was having a good time.










I took it easy with Matthew and took him on the ferris wheel. I think he got bored with it after awhile--I know I did.











He was talking about this ride while we were on the ferris wheel so we let him go on it solo. Again with the "excited face." We sure had fun! Maybe we'll go again next year and Corinne can ride some rides too!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

All I can say is Will would never do most of that stuff. He's a scaredy-cat (today he called himself a scaredy-dog at the pool). I do like Matthew's excited face.

Tracie White said...

Looks like a fun time! I have to say that you are pretty brave to go on the ferris wheel pregnant...I would have been tossing my cookies for sure!

Sean & Julia Johnson.... said...

that looks like fun :) It's exciting to see your kids be excited!