Saturday, November 8, 2008

Bedrest!?!

I went to the doctor on Tuesday for the usual amniotic fluid ultrasound and non-stress test. At the end of the visit the doctor told me that once again my fluid level was low. As a result, I would have to be on bedrest for a couple of days and then get checked again. I wanted to say, "bedrest? Are you kidding me? Have you seen my kids?" So, I attempted bedrest for a couple of days but I really didn't take it too seriously. I still went shopping and did stuff with Jeremy and the kids. Well, on my Thursday re-check the fluid level was the same and so I'm still on bedrest. I'm trying to be more serious about it and Jeremy is trying to help me by telling me to stay on the couch when I get up to help him clean up or put the kids to bed. It's just such a drastic change for me after having done everything by myself for 3+ months and then just having to sit back and watch Jeremy do it all or just be content to let my house be a mess. It is very difficult for me to do, but I'm trying. I wish the baby would just come already!

7 comments:

Sean & Julia Johnson.... said...

I know EXACTLY how you feel!!!!! I was on bedrest for 2 weeks & sitting there while you watch your house be a mess sucks big time- ok, I can't know exactly how you feel cause I don't have other kids... I can only imagine! Your almost there :) Good luck!!!

Cherie said...

I think it might be time for the castor oil???? Maybe??? :) Wish I was still your VT I would come over and help you some how. Just know that we are praying for you so the baby will come soon! Best wishes. Hang in there!

Jessica 7 said...

I used castor oil with Rebecca and it totally worked - better be close to the hospital though. I'd just ask for the good old hospital induction. Call me if you need anything! I have a hunch you're going to be naughty and be at church tomorrow as well as going VT this week..........

Kiersti said...

Bedrest sucks!! At least when I had to be on it I only had a husband to watch make my house a mess. It will be over before you know it - I can't believe your baby's going to be here so soon! I'm so excited to see pictures!

Heather said...

Bedrest--that is horrible!! I would have such a hard time doing that. Good luck, I hope you have had your baby by now or she comes soon. I can't wait to see pictures!!

Holly Janeen said...

good luck with that! goodness...

Deborah said...

Bedrest to me doesn't even seem possible. I can imagine how hard it would be to have to sit back and let the man do it all. It's good he's home though. Wow, I can't believe it's time already for you to have the baby. We didn't even really get to see you pregnant here. You announced it after you moved I believe. Time flies.
Take care and we'll be thinking of you!