Matthew and Corinne had a blast helping me decorate the tree this year. I put a hook on the ornament and gave it to Corinne who gave it to Matthew who put it on the tree. I was able to put 4 or 5 ornaments on the top branches before the kids started helping me. This is what it looked like when we were through


A close up of Matthew's favorite branches
It seems as though no matter how much effort I put into Corinne's hair, she always looks like a little lost orphan girl by the end of the day. I just don't feel like fighting her after naps to redo the hair and make it look nice. What am I going to do with 2 girls' hair to do?


Matthew found the stockings and decided to put them on because, after all, socks go on the feet!

I caught Matthew zoning out while watching Peter Pan so I decided to take advantage of the moment...
7 comments:
Now Carrie, here's problem #1: Don't have your son watch Peter Pan j/k :-)
I always like the Christmas trees that the kids decorate better than the eloquent, perfect ones. They have a lot more personality and are actually a "family" Christmas tree.
It was good talking to you this week, hope everything continues to go well for you guys and the baby
-Dallin
That's totally funny! Made me giggle about the socks. What a silly mommy!
LOVE the tree. I'm glad you captured it because of the memories it will bring later on looking at that tree. Mine looks a lot the same. I love that I don't care anymore. I used to want the perfect showcase tree. And now, it's all about memories and what makes the kids happy. And you know what? It is still a pretty tree.
Rae's hair is exactly the same. I do it once a day, and sometimes twice if I have too. But she looks scraggly after naps. It gets better when their hair grows out longer and thicker though! Brynlee's looks so nice nowadays even though we had the same problem when she was 2.
I love your Christmas tree and I"m sure you'll look back on these years with a smile on your face. : )
Our tree looks very similar, only right now I have no ornaments on the bottom. And Mckenzie's hair also is little orphan hair by the end of the day...I agree, who wants to do that fight again? It will be fun when you guys come to Arizona and our kids can play together.
YEA!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Nora is a precious gem and you are the crazy rock that did it analgesia free!! Way to Go! She looks a lot like her daddy. I bet Corrine and Matthew will still love her as the days go on. Myra was the same with Sabrina- always wanted to hold and touch her. She never really gets jealous for my attention. Don't worry, I have two girls and wonder the same thing about hair. I think it's part of the nature of toddler hair- the clips stay in and fall out with only an orphan look to it all. At least you feed her right? ha
I hope you are feeling well and getting some sleep. What a great little blessing you have. They grow so fast!
I think your kids know that clumping ornaments together is very in this year - I know, I saw it on HGTV :)
And I feel the same way about Lauren's hair - she still doesn't have a ton, and it's super curly in the back and straight on top, she always looks like what I like to call a "Walmart child", but as soon as we hit the car seat or nap time, there's just no hope. I've completely given up on it.
Maybe I should be grateful that Hannah is still my (nearly) hairless girl!
Post a Comment